Day 16 – Negative Thoughts | 31 Days of Decluttering


https://be-alice.blogspot.com/2017/10/day-16-negative-thoughts-decluttering.html

Hello friends! 

Half time! For today's mission we are going to take care of a corner that we often neglect when decluttering: our mind. Today we identify negative or burdening thoughts and let go of them. 

We all fall into this pattern of "thought loops" of frustration and anxiety. While fears can be very helpful for our survival, they often prevent us from being happy and being ourselves. So let's take a look at our worries and burdening thoughts.


The Goal

  • less worries, more happiness
  • a more positive attitude towards life
  • not being hold back by irrational fears
  • feeling at ease at the present moment
  • letting go of old pains
  • not having to react to past hurts and emotional triggers
  • more space for creative problem-solving

Guiding Questions

Which ideas or situations make me feel uncomfortable?
What makes me panic?
Is there anything I feel guilty or bad about?
What is the worst that could happen right now? 
If it did happen, what could I do to cope with or handle it?
Does the sentence "I should have done this" or "I should never have done this" apply to any situations in my life?
Does the thought "I'm not ... enough" or "I'm too..." often appear in my mind?
Are there any regrettable past event for which I still blame myself?
Can I acknowledge those past regrets and forgive myself?
Can I forgive others for causing me pain in the past?
Am I holding a grudge against anyone? 
Do I talk badly about myself or others?
How can I release those negative feelings?


Working Steps

As today's declutter session is an emotional one there are no working steps other than taking some time with no distractions around you to write down what's bothering you or weighing you down. For a long time I was scared of opening up and allowing any emotional or physical intimacy because I was afraid to get hurt. It took me a long time to realize that this behaviour only lead me to isolate myself like a curled up hedgehog. It's true: Every change begins in the mind.

Use the guiding questions above to pinpoint what kind of negative thoughts or emotions you carry around with you. When you feel like you've had enough of confronting yourself with your little demons, take a deep breath, the deepest breath you've taken today, and let go! Let go of your fears, let go of your worries, let go of any burdens.

That's it for today. See you tomorrow for our next physical declutter session!






Maisy

0 Comments