20 Outdoor Date Ideas
reading time: 2 min
My boyfriend and I are rather active, nature-bound people. As much as we enjoy lounge around on the couch and binge-watching Netflix series every now and then, we both love to get outside and go on little adventures.
Here are 20 budget-friendly ideas for dates that don't take place at home or in a fancy restaurant.
20 Outdoor Date Ideas
01. Get up before dawn and have a breakfast picnic watching the sunrise – pack a warm blanket and a thermos bottle with tea or coffee though in case it's going to be cold.
02. Go for a bike ride followed by a picnic. Bring a basket with food, a blanket, maybe some lemonade or a card game.
03. Go for a hike or a nature walk, and have a scavenger hunt.
04. Fly kites or play Frisbee.
05. Go star gazing. Grab a blanket, lay down on the grass and stare at the stars and try to find your favourite constellations.
06. Go roller skating or ice-skating together.
07. Pull up to a drive-in movie with your favourite snacks at hand and get cozy in the back of the car.
08. Go city sight-seeing. Play tourist in a city near your hometown, or sight see your own city.
09. Go fruit picking. Then return home to make something with your harvest.
10. Go out for a breakfast date – that's the least expensive meal option, plus it's more special because people usually go out at night!
11. Build a campfire for two, roast marshmallows or make s'mores, and cuddle in blankets.
12. Go to a fair, have fun, and make out at the top of a Ferris wheel.
13. People-watch in a park, and make up stories for each couple you see.
14. If either of you is into photography, spend the day walking around a new neighbourhood, or a nearby town, and look for fun places to take photos – or just enjoy the view with an ice cream :)
15. Watch the sunset from the hood of a car – or from the top of a hill.
16. Get adventurous together and rent a kayak, canoe, or paddle boat at a local lake or beach. Pack a lunch and stop half way through to sit on a rock or on the waterfront, and eat together.
17. Go for a cheeky night time swim.
18. Go to some local book stores and leave secret notes in your favourite books.
19. In summer, do a road trip to the sea (if possible; otherwise to the nearest lake) and find yourself a hidden spot. Take bikini pictures, go for a swim together (maybe even go skinny dipping), sunbathe, build sand castles, and have a little private barbecue party by the beach.
20. In winter, go sledding, build a snow man, have a snowball fight, take photos of you muffled up and covered in snow, then make hot chocolate at home and warm up under some big blankets...
Do you have any more ideas for outdoor dates? Leave them in the comments below! I hope I could inspire you a little :)