Drink Chamomile Tea For A Year and Never Get Sick Again?


https://be-alice.blogspot.com/2017/07/drink-chamomile-tea-for-1-year-and.html

So I read this comment in a German internet forum when I got a cold in Vietnam – which felt like the fifth time I had gotten sick this year. 

The comment said that this one person had done a "chamomile tea detox" in order to cure her returning colds (she also wrote a German blog post on it titled "Never get a cold again?"). Basically, what this chamomile detox (or teatox?) entails is drinking a cup of chamomile tea (organic is best but regular works too) every single day for a year. Yep, a year. The commenter claims that by doing that she has strengthened her immune system in a way that she hasn't gotten a cold for more than ten years after doing the detox. Crazy, right?

But maybe it's not so crazy after all. Maybe it will work and I will get rid of my way-too-many colds. Perhaps it will even help with my recurring tummy aches (I always get those when I'm stressed out) due to its calming and anti-inflammatory properties. I know that one year is a very long time, but if I won't be getting several colds and coughs a year after that, I'm in! 

The Benefits

For centuries, chamomile has been used as a natural remedy, both internally and externally. Here are some of its benefits:

  • Dried chamomile flowers are used as an anti-inflammatory agent, and as a stomach remedy. 
  • They also have deodorizing and anti-bacterial properties. 
  • Chamomile tea helps in gastrointestinal complaints, colitis, flatulence, bladder infections, restlessness, common colds, flu, cramping in the digestive tract and menstrual problems
  • Steam baths with chamomile tea are a proven cold remedy. For inflammation in the mouth-throat area and after dental procedures, gurgling or rinsing with the tea helps. 
  • Externally, chamomile is used for compresses and healing baths for skin diseases, wounds and eczema. For diseases in the anal and genital area, baths and rinses can be prepared with chamomile tea.

Now if that doesn't sound like a great herbal tea then I don't know what does. I'm not sure if I will do this for an entire year, but currently I'm on day 3 and we'll see how long I will keep it up. Perhaps I will invest in organic chamomile tea though just to be safe.


Have you ever heard of something like a chamomile tea detox that will cure your colds long-term? Let me know about your experiences and thoughts in the comments below!


 

Maisy
 

0 Comments