My Minimalist Face | No-Makeup Makeup

reading time: 2 min

minimalism, makeup, natural, organic

While most people turn to heavy make-up and dark colours during winter, I prefer to keep my facial make-up to a minimum. A clean, fresh look that enhances your facial features and is suitable for school and work. Basically, a true "no make-up" make-up. It's perfect for spring, too! Very natural, bright and fresh! 

This is actually my first ever make-up related blog post, I think, so bare with me (get it? bare face? okay, I'll stop now).



almond oil

Recently I've made it a morning ritual to start (or sometimes end) my day with a facial massage. To smoothen the process, I use a few drops of organic almond oil by the brand naissance on my damp, clean skin and massage it into my face while also increasing the blood circulation and preventing wrinkles. Other great oils to use for this are organic argan oil, jojoba oil or a blend of jojoba and castor oil.


lip butter

This is one of my staples. Always. I can't leave the house without something moisturizing in my lips. My current winter lip care product is the chocomania lip butter by The Body Shop that contains castor oil, shea butter and cocoa butter. If I want a little bit of extra colour on my lips, I use my homemade tinted lip balm. For going out, I'd stick to red lips, mascara and a winged eyeliner. Full stop.


mascara

Mascara has always been my favourite way to accentuate my facial features and make me look more awake. While I don't wear any foundation, primer, powder, eye shadow, eye liner, bronzer, highlighter, brow liner, blush or whatnot, my go-to "make-up" is always mascara and lip balm. So simple, but effective! This one is an essence mascara from the time before I switched over to natural products (I bought mascara on bulk -.-) called all eyes on me. I am going to switch to a natural mascara as soon as this is empty, but until then this will work just fine.
 


concealer

To cover up blemishes or little breakouts I use this mineral 4 in 1 concealer with shea butter and calendula extract by the German natural cosmetics brand Alverde. This is not a necessary step for me at all – to be honest, I usually I skip it –, but it has come in handy many times. Since this is supposed to work as a highlighter, a concealer, a base and an eye shadow, I use this on my skin to cover up any blemishes as well as on my eye lids and especially on the inside corners of my eyes for a little bit of brightness around my eyes.


the end result

I mean, let's be honest here. Most days I can't even be bothered to put anything on my face besides a little bit of moisturizing oil for my facial massage. So if you should ever run into me, chances are I'll look something like below.
 


Yep. That's it!

Told you: very basic, very natural, very minimalist. (also known as: very lazy.)

Look for the bare necessities, the simple bare necessities...

What did you think of my "no make-up" make-up?

P.S. Happy #InternationalWomensDay! 





Maisy

1 Comments