3 Autumn to Winter Transition Outfits

reading time: 2 min




It's fall, y'all. In fact, it's almost winter again! Crazy. 

For those upcoming cold winter days, you can bundle up but still look great. To me, the most characteristic fashion element of fall and winter fashion is layering. In Germany we even have a name for that – Zwiebellook, meaning "onion look" because the layered clothes resemble the many layers of an onion. As for colours, I go with autumnal purple, wine red, khaki, petrol blue, and dark green, mixed with wintry blues and greys.

Here is a little lookbook with 3 exemplary autumn to winter outfits that show different methods of layering clothes for the beginning of winter.
 

(1) Romp 'n' Jump

A romper isn't only a great fashion piece for summer, but also for autumn and even winter. I like to wear mine paired with some black tights and boots in fall. To make this winter appropriate, I'm layering the romper with a maroon jumper (or sweater, as you Americans would call it πŸ˜‰) and a dark green coat to keep me warm on those first chilly winter days.



romper: H&M (last year)
tights: Wolford (any no-name black tights work too)
boots: H&M (old)
jumper: H&M (old)
coat: Only (old)




(2) Dress Over

I love to wear my dresses in fall by layering them with tights and a long sleeve shirt underneath. In order to make them wearable even in winter, I switch the ankle booties for my black velvet boots, add a petrol blue scarf, and opt for a knit beanie instead of my wool hat.



dress: Mango (old)
long sleeve shirt: Colours of the World (old)
tights: Wolford (any no-name black tights work too)
booties: GΓΆrtz shoes (old)
hat: H&M (old)
boots: H&M (old)
knit beanie: H&M (old)
scarf: don't remember (old)




(3) Plaid & Plaited

While you can get away with wearing leggings, a t-shirt, a lumberjack shirt, and some sneakers in fall, winter calls for more layers. Therefore I replaced the sneakers with proper winter boots, and I also added a khaki parka and some leg warmers for more warmth.



leggings: Blue Motion (old)
button up: Esprit (old & snitched from my boyfriend πŸ˜‰)
shirt: don't remember (old)
sneakers: Nike (old)
boots: don't remember (old)
parka: Khujo (old)
leg warmers: don't remember (old)
dog: my boyfriend's sister 😜



What do you think of my transition outfits? Which is your favourite? 
Let me know in the comments below!




You might also like:

https://be-alice.blogspot.com/2017/09/3-summer-to-fall-transition-outfits.html
3 Summer To Fall Transition Outfits

https://be-alice.blogspot.de/2016/12/3-outfits-new-years-eve-and-christmas.html
3 Outfits for New Year's Eve and Christmas




Maisy

Popular