Wednesday, March 01, 2017

Lifestyle Favorites ❤ February /17

reading time: 3 min

http://be-alice.blogspot.com/2017/03/lifestyle-favorites-february-17.html



Hey smarties,

it's another rainy day for me, but I'm feeling positive and productive lately. (I guess my productivity tips really do work, haha) Working on my master thesis on a daily basis for the past months, there are some essential things that keep me going in this working regime. Let's call them my lifestyle favorites for February.
 
Here's what I have been...
 
CARESSING my lips

If you know me a little, you will know that I love any sort of lip product, preferably organic and homemade. For daily care and protection I use the chocolate lip butter (chocomania) by The Body Shop to moisturize my lips and keep them smooth during those cold months. It is made of organic beeswax and cocoa butter, has a creamy, buttery consistency and leaves the lips soft and supple. Oh, and it smells incredibly delicious, very chocolaty, but unfortunately it tastes a little bitter – I guess that's a good thing though because otherwise I would probably eat it, lol.

I usually never wear any lipstick, unless to a wedding or a special party, but recently I was given this P2 Sheer Glam Lipstick in the shade 071 Mona Lisa Smile, and it is just the perfect colour for my lips. Very close to my natural lip colour, but enhancing it in just the right way without being too prominent – typical case of "my lips but better". Plus, who doesn't want to have a Mona Lisa smile?!



EATING smart

Finally I brought myself to order Eat Smart by one of my favourite youtubers, Niomi Smart. I was surprised (in a good way) when the package arrived, because I didn't expect it to have this many pages. I also didn't expect it to be as lifestyle-oriented, with lots of non-food related pictures, which I love. So far I've only made two of the recipes in there (the creamy leek + celeriac pie and the squash pizza, see below), but I am definitely going to make a lot more of these in the future. I'm sure Niomi's cacao + coconut granola is another great recipe because it looks quite similar to my Cacao Chia Crunch Granola. (PS. I want a big windowsill to sit on like that!)

Would you be interested in a full review of her recipe book?



OBSESSING OVER my new calendar

Yes, February has gone by and I've only now got a proper calendar for 2017. Whoops. For the past two months I've been keeping myself above water with a bunch of loose sheets to write all my dates and notes on. But now, I got the most beautiful Moleskine calendar with fancy cloth binding and a quote from The Little Prince on the cover. Since I love anything to do with foxes, and I also love the famous other quote by Antoine de Saint-Exupéry ("It is only with the heart that one can see rightly..."), I had to buy this calendar! Plus, it was 50 percent off because it was the end of February, lol. Oh, and also, it starts with "Mais, si", which, if you pronounce it a little wrong, kind of sounds like Maisy, so yeah, it was fate :)



LIVING IN these pants

I mean, what can I say. These leggings from Black Milk were a birthday present from a friend, they have an Alice in Wonderland theme printed on them, they are super soft and basically live in them now. Since the material is quite thin and the colours are more on the pastel side, they are rather spring pants than anything else but so far I've only worn them inside the house anyway. I'm really tempted to do an outfit post with them though, when it's a little warmer outside. I just don't know how to style them, to be honest... Oh, and I definitely need to get a pair of galaxy pants, too!


That's it. Only a couple of things this month, but I have been using all of them obsessively. What have been your go-to products or objects this month?

Feel free to share your own favourites / new discoveries in the comments if you like! I'd love for us to interact and inspire each other :)

 

Maisy