Sunday, February 05, 2017

Travel Diary | One Day in Paris

reading time: 3 min





Hi everybody,

I hope you're all having a lovely Sunday, where every you are! I spent yesterday working on my masters thesis, which is not exactly the most pleasant thing to do, especially when you're already dreaming of summer and vacation... 

If you have been following my blog for a while now, you probably know that I'm quite a travel monkey. Almost exactly one year and one month ago I spent 3 weeks in South Africa with my boyfriend and friends, last spring we travelled through Thailand for 2 weeks, and in late summer we spent another 2 weeks in Portugal with my flatmates and friends. Writing my masters thesis, I'm kind of bound to home and my notebook at the moment, but I'm already making plans for the next vacation destination? Probably Vietnam.

What you don't know is that on our way back from South Africa, we flew back via Paris where we had several hours to kill in-between flights, so of course we took a trip to Paris and spent the day in the city!

Here are some glimpses of one day in Paris...


The City of Light at night before daybreak.


We took the metro from the airport and drove straight to the Notre-Dame Cathedral (mainly to warm up because at that time of day at the end of December it was freezing cold). Such a pretty sight though, both outside and inside.


Doesn't this look like a shot from a Film noir movie?


Then, finally, the sun began to rise... such a pretty dusky pink sky.


It's strange how different the deserted streets of a still-sleeping city look... so peaceful.


Of course, we also went to see the Eiffel Tower, as well as LE BHV MARAIS department store (priorities, lol), the Fontaine Saint-Michel and the Centre Pompidou (below – I love this building. It's so cool how all the pipes etc. are exposed, like turned inside out. The green pipes are plumbing, blue ducts are for climate control, electrical wires are encased in yellow, and circulation elements and devices for safety (e.g. fire extinguishers) are red). 

Unfortunately, we didn't have any more time to go to see the Louvre, the Arc de Triomphe, Montmartre or any other sights...


What a beautiful view of the river Seine.


I'll be back, Paris. One Day...

Have you ever been to Paris?

And do you also have the travel bug? Or are you looking forward to spending more time at home, relaxing and getting your life in order? 

Either way – enjoy your Sunday!


Maisy