Lifestyle Favorites ❤ July /16

reading time: 4 min




It's always a bit scary when youtubers, bloggers or people in general tell you that something is going to change.

In this case, nothing is going to change really. I'm simply going to bracket together my monthly media favourites (book, movie, song) and my monthly recently discovered "essentials" into one format called Lifestyle Favorites that will range from multi-media, clothing, food, home goods and accessories to activities.

My "new" format is somewhat inspired by the series THIS IS WEIRDD by youtube user Lexie Lombard. Lexie is a super cool and alternative soul, and in this series she shows her audience each month what she has been...

WEARING
EATING
IMPRESSED (or inspired) BY
READING
DOWNLOADING
DOING.

Obviously, I'm not going to copy that because (a) it's Lexie's concept, (b) it's not really fit for my own favorites as I usually don't download anything and not always eat something super exciting or read something good etc, and (c) I honestly think the title WEIRDD is a little confusing or even misleading and therefore not the most ideal title to attract an audience. But the basic concept of including favorites from various categories is the same. And it kinda goes back to my old "essentials" posts.

Anyway. 

Here's what I have been...
 
WEARING bralettes

As you have probably read in my previous post on going braless, I've switched out a couple of my bras for bralettes which are just so much more comfortable, soft and handy :)



EATING puff-puffs

Puff-puff is a traditional deep-fried African snack similar to a doughnut. Crunchy on the outside, pillow-soft on the inside. Traditionally, it contains flour, yeast, sugar, butter, salt, water and eggs and is deep fried in vegetable oil until golden brown - but of course, I got a vegan version, and it was super yummy!
 

 


INSPIRED BY pinterest

I feel really weird saying this, but at the moment I'm totally inspired by my own pinterest DIY section. There are so many DIYs I want to do: dream catcher, coin necklace, cage bra, friendship bracelets, elf tiara, body scrubs, spray mists, ... and I have no clue when or how to make them!! Perhaps I should take one more semester off just for my creative outlet... I'm actually considering that. But we'll see. I've already got nearly all necessary tools for a coin necklace, and I've even selected one of my black bras to try and turn into a cage bra. So I hope I will be able to share some tutorials with you later this year!




READING old school fantasy

I don't know what it is, but lately I've been "craving" a good ol' fantasy novel. Something epic. Something to get lost in. Something like Lord of the Rings or Harry Potter. As you can tell by the picture, I'm drawn to those old school, kinda trashy looking book covers because what I'm looking for is the stereotype fantasy story: dragons, heroes, dwarves, elves, warriors, warlocks, quests and fights.

So far I've only found one book that sounded very promising (Dragonsdawn, 1988, Anne McCaffrey) but turned out to be a science-fiction novel, and another one from the The Riftwar Saga (Magician, 1982, Raymond Feist) which does contain elves, dwarves, dragons and magic, and has been compared to JRR Tolkien's works, but it feels more like a children's story. I'm half way through the first book, and at least it's more gripping than Dragonsdawn, so I'm hoping this might be a success.

If you have any recommendations for me, please let me know!!!



DISCOVERING ice-cream and giggles

No, I did not just discover ice-cream and giggles (those have been a part of my life for as long as I can remember), but I did discover a blog named that. It's filled with beautiful vegan recipes created by a girl called Laura. You can tell she's not one of those professional photographers with their soft-boxes and stuff (which is why I can relate to her so well), but she does an awesome job at arranging her pictures in an aesthetic way, and I'm seriously drooling over every single photo! Go check her out and show her some love over here.

source: ice-cream and giggles

DOING colouring book

Colouring books for grown-ups have become quite a trend lately, and since my mom gave me one "for more mindfulness", I seem to have become a part of this trend now. I literally just started though (what you see in this picture is all I've done so far), but I find it really relaxing. Loyal readers of my blog will know that I love to sketch and draw every now and then, but whereas drawing requires quite a bit of concentration and effort to get the proportions and everything right, colouring these shapes and patterns, doodles and mandalas, is a very unwinding activity that allows you to switch off your mind and just let your creativity flow.


That's it for last months favourite items and activities! Let's see what next month brings... I'm excited to try out this format with you guys!

Feel free to share your own favourites / new discoveries in the comments if you like! I'd love for us to interact and inspire each other :)
 


Maisy



(\(\
( - -)
((') (')
Merken
Merken

Popular