March Essentials /16

reading time: 2 min

The last two weeks have been super relaxed. No uni, no term papers to write. Nothing but doing what ever i want: lie in bed, have breakfast in bed (muesli!), read in bed (Eon/Eona!), lazily re-watch a movie (Totoro!) in bed, and spend time on exercising my body. However, i'm sick now, forcing me to take a break - and giving me another excuse to stay in bed, haha!

Here are my latest purchases and favourites for this month:


World Map Wall





My mom is the best. She bequeathed this world map to me that used to be pinned to the wall of my parents' hallway. I don't know what it is about maps that fascinates me. The colourful areas? The seemingly controlled, charted world spread out in front of me? And the dreams of wanderlust and exploration linked to that.

I always wanted to have a big map of the world in my room, and i think above the bed is the perfect place. It kind of makes me feel like i can look up at the world when i'm lying in bed, almost like looking at the stars.


If my life was a crime movie, I would cover this map with colourful pins - marking the places i've been to already. But this map is too valuable for that. Where have you been to?

My personal list includes: Thailand, Nepal, Lanzarote, La Palma, Great Britain, Greece, Italy, Russia, Czech Republic, Austria, South Africa, France, and will soon include Portugal where i'm going this summer :) 

If you can't tell, i love travelling!

I don't think that travelling is the answer to anyone's problems though (you always take your problems with you, they're your permanent baggage), but travelling and exploring the world help with changing your perspective and widening your horizon. I'm so excited to go to Thailand next week!
 

Chinese Bowl


I want to introduce you to my brand new Chinese bowl that I got for a buck at a thrift store / flee market / recycling thingy last month. This bowl is just perfect for anything: fruit, muesli, pasta, rice, soup, ice cream, Buddha bowls... or this huge portion of chili (kidney beans, corn, carrot, red bell pepper, onions) and rice. And yes, the soup spoons are just for decoration, lol.

The thing with me is, i love eating with little forks and spoons (you know, the ones you usually use for coffee or dessert), but i LOVE my big bowls!


// cornflakes, oats, rice milk, nanas, raspberries, fresh dates
// soft carob maca nicecream with frozen raspberries, buckwheat groats and oats.
// potato & sweet potato salad with cucumber, radishes, chickpeas and avocado
// whole grain rice spaghetti with sweet potato carrot kidney bean tomato chili and avocado cubes.


Tea & Fox Mug


I love my tea. Whether i'm sick, sad, or just tired from a long day's work, a cup of tea will always comfort me. Especially when it comes in an adorable mug such as this Fox Mug from ppd that i got for my boyfriend a while ago (he's my little fox).

Also, these tea packages that my fabulous fantastic flatmate brought home from Amsterdam are just gorgeous, aren't they?

Love the instructions on them:

"How to make the perfect cup of tea:
Use only freshly boiled water as reboiled water dulls both the appearance and flavour of the tea / has lost its oxygen. 
Bring fresh water to the boil and add directly to the infusion. Allow to brew for 3 min before removing the teabag. Serve on its own.

For organic jasmine infused tea, bring the water to 85°C or off the boil, then add it to the tea straight away. Brew for 1-3 min and serve without milk."

Now you know ;)

PURE PEPPERMINT
(pure dried peppermint leaves for a light clean refreshing flavour)

ORGANIC GREEN TEA WITH JASMINE
(crisp, light & refreshing green tea fragranced by jasmine flowers)

LEMON, GINGER & GINSENG
(spicy ginger with zesty lemon for a warming and uplifting infusion)


I actually think my flatmate did a great job with choosing them because they are perfect for all three daytimes:  
- Jasmine Green Tea in the morning after waking up (green tea boosts the metabolism)
- Peppermint Tea after lunch (stimulates bile flow to increase the rate and efficiency of digestion and promote healthy bowel movements, and helps to improve breath)
- Lemon Ginger Ginseng Tea in the evening (ginger warms, has a calming effect on the bowels and digestive system and relieves tired muscles, ginseng reduces physical and mental distress and has a relaxing and soothing effect on the body) to calm down.

My favourite out of these three is definitely the Lemon, Ginger & Ginseng tea. I like my tea with spices – cardamom, ginger, cinnamon, so basically chai tea – and with (soy) milk and sugar. Tea connoisseurs will frown at me.

Have a lovely, zesty Wednesday!



Maisy

(\(\
( - -)
((') (')

Popular