Day Zero Project: update 20


"Home is where my heart is... and unfortunately, my heart is everywhere. So, home is basically everywhere." ~ Bojana Tadic


The Day Zero Project.

101 tasks in 1001 days.

Update 20


Starts: June 19, 2013

Ends: March 16, 2016


Tasks achieved so far: 76/101


Education
01. Graduate College []
02. Get a job (or a traineeship) []


[soo... this is me, my friend J. and two alpacas. this picture was taken last February when the two of us were working as interns at a print editorial office and published a bunch of news articles - the visit to the zoo was part of our journalistic work, okay? :D i don't know why i didn't tick this off last spring, but i'm doing it hereby! 

also: kinda looks like i'm pregnant there, but i swear it's just my coat sticking out in a very unflattering way, haha!

Above that, i got two other internship positions for this summer (online editorial office) and autumn (publishing house), so i'm good.]

03. Learn to change a tire
04. Learn the alphabet in sign language Spanish []
05. Get a frickin driver's licence


Home

06. Buy a plant and try to keep it alive until the Day Zero Project is over

[look at that green monster! it's become so big i had to tie the tendrils together so that the plant wouldn't be drawn down off the windowsill by the weight of the tendrils! in other words: it's alive, alright!]

07. Get my own apartment
08. Plant a windowsill herb garden []
09. Redecorate and/or renovate my room []
10. Start a compost bin
11. Get a (white metal) bed []
12. Paint one wall or door an outrageous colour []
13. Plant tomatoes and or other fruit and vegetables []


Health & Happiness

14. Donate blood (or hair) for a good cause (I'm anaemic)
15. Learn the basic Yoga positions []
16. Quit coffee and sell my coffee machine [♥] 
17. Make raw vegan ice cream [♥]
18. Quit facebook/the internet/my laptop for a week [♥]
19. Make a list of 101 quotes that inspire me []
20. Make a list of 25 things I like about myself []
21. Go barefoot for a whole day []
22. Write a letter to myself to open in 10 years []
23. Write all my bad memories on paper, burn this paper afterwards []
24. Think of the top 5 people who have positively influenced me and write each of them a letter []
25. Make a list of 101 things that make me happy [♥]


Family & Friends []


26. Make a marzipan birthday cake for someone dear to me []
27. Surprise my mum with flowers []
28. Send Christmas cards to friends and family []
29. Cook a nice dinner for my parents []
30. Have a family picnic in the woods []
31. Visit my childhood home []
32. Contact my estranged granddad before he dies []


Creativity

33. Start a blog []
34. Decorate a mug or bowl with a sharpie []
35. Draw a self-portrait
36. Buy a disposable camera and take 1 picture every day for a month []
37. Start a sketchbook and fill it with drawings and quotes and own scribblings []
38. Write my first screenplay []


[This is not exactly what i envisioned when i first thought of this task, but hey, i wrote my first screenplay for a short film (with English subtitles!) i shot with a couple of my best friends, and it turned out pretty cool! We handed it in for the 99-Fire Films competition, but the winners have not been announced as yet... keep your fingers crossed! ;)]

39. Illustrate a story I've written []
40. Write and illustrate a graphic novel
41. Read 1 book every week (a.k.a 52 books in a year) [125/143]


[read: Die Teeprinzessin ("The Tea Princess") by Hilke Rosenboom (super bad. just... super clichéd and... just bad), The Black Magician: The Magicians' Guild by Trudi Canavan, The Black Magician: The Novice by Trudi Canavan, The Black Magician: The High Lord by Trudi Canavan, Die Totenbraut ("Bride of the Dead") by Nina Blazon, Dragonsdawn by Anne McCaffrey, Eon by Alison Goodman (sooo good! thrilling, innovative and did i mention thrilling? can't wait to get my hands on the sequel!) and Inheritance by Christopher Paolini]

42. Participate in NaNoWriMo []
43. Make British scones and clotted cream []
44. Design an outfit []
45. Make cookie monster cupcakes []
46. Write a song (and sing it to somebody)
47. Write a poem []
48. Make a handmade greeting card [] 
49. Cook 5 meals from 5 different cultures [] 
50. DIY an outfit (t-shirt print?) or sew my own piece of clothing (dress/top/jacket) []
51. Make a comic strip
52. Draw a nice little background sketch for my blog wallpaper [
]
53. DIY an Advent calender and give it to someone as a present [
]
54. Construct a detailed zombie apocalypse plan
55. Make my own earrings []
56. Make my own handbag (or notebook bag)  
57. Write/Finish a novel


Fun

58. Go to a festival
[]
59. Have a bonfire at the beach []
60. Go strawberry picking [♥]
61. Read the Lord of the Rings (1087 pages) []
62. Read all of the Akira graphic novels (2146 pages) [
]
63. Go swimming in the sea at night / go skinny dipping []
64. Build a proper sandcastle [
]
65. Build a decent snow(wo)man [
]
66. Sleep under the stars [
]
67. Make a chalk mural in the driveway [
]
68. Dance in the rain [
]
69. Get a tattoo
70. Do a vintage tea party
71. Bake and build a gingerbread house []
72. Watch the sunrise and sunset in the same day [] 
73. Leave an inspirational note inside a book for whoever will find it [] 
74. Host a mystery dinner party
75. Plant a tree on Earth Day []
76. Tie a note (or a secret) to a balloon and let it go []
77. Spend 24 hours in a 24-hour café
78. Carve a pumpkin (and make pumpkin soup pumpkin spice latte!) []
 
79. Make berry jam [♥] 
80. Learn how to juggle (with three balls) Go paragliding! []
81. Open a cookbook to a random page and make whatever is on it []
82. Wear a free-hugs sign or shirt for a day
83. Organize a clothing swap party
84. Bake a big-ass rainbow cake []
85. Make fortune cookies []
86. Take a photo of the same place every month for a year and turn that into a calendar [12/12]

January 2016



February 2016



87. Make macarons []
88. Send a book or story to a publisher []
89. Learn to write my name in Japanese []

[Whoop, whoop, finally learned it! Not that difficult, although i can't be sure that the writing is perfect because i'm not sure how exact you have to be with these lines. The reference i used was メイシー and i love that my name contains a smiley face :)]

90. Dress up as Alice in Wonderland []
91. Finally watch Schindler's List []
92. Learn three new hairstyles (braids, updo...) []
93. Geez, watch Pulp Fiction already! []
94. Wear blood red lipstick (and feel like a lady) []


[part 2. i already did this task back in 2014, but since last night was a friend's birthday party, i decided to doll myself up a bit with my brand new black velvet dress and some bright red lipstick. uh la la!]

Luxury

95. Get a tripod
96. Get a vacuum cleaner (Dyson)
97. Get a slim wallet []
98. Visit Japan Africa []
99. Re-visit Thailand


[okay so this can't be properly ticked off yet, but we did book our flight tickets to Thailand a few months ago, and just a couple of days ago we booked our hostel room in Chiang Mai, our first stop, so yeah, i've practically fulfilled this task even though we're not gonna be in Thailand until the end of March :) Mangos, sticky rice, sunshine, the sea.... can't wait!! 

BTW: yep, that's me in the pictures above. As a just-turned-2-year old, munching on melons and being carried around by my dad in Thailand. That was... 1993 I guess. Long, long time ago. I'm so curious to make my own experience in Thailand now, more than 20 years later!]

100. Put 1 buck into a piggy bank every week until the end of Day Zero Project. With that money do something decadent. [140/143]
101. Get rid of 101 things! []
 




Maisy




(\(\
( - -)
((') (')
Merken

Popular