May Essentials /15

reading time: ca. 1 min

This month's basics and new discoveries are a wild mix of fashion, food and fun (at least for me, haha!). But let's take one at a time. First, fashion.

Back to Black 


This is not so much a new discovery than a rediscovery. 

I love these boots! And i love to wear black, even though it makes my skin seem really pale, but black is so handy! It's timeless, slimming, fits every occasion and every colour. I love it :) 

I don't want to look like one big old craw, so instead of pairing my black dress, my black boots and my black cardigan/blouse with opaque black tights, i'm going for sheer tights with little black dots. Way cuter and more relaxed than serious black! (Sirius Black anyone? wasn't even intentional, haha!)



PB2 + PBJ

  
Secondly, food. (nope i can't seem to have any month essentials without including food - because food is definitely essential! lol)

I'm the biggest peanut butter fan, especially when it comes to PB&J nicecream. Peanut butter + strawberry "jelly" = tummy heaven. However, eating spoonfuls of peanut butter might now be exactly flattering on my waistline. My most recent purchase -hopefully- solves this problem: PB2. That's basically peanut butter in pulverized form. So what you do is mix 2 tbsp of PB2 with 1 tbsp of water and stir until smooth. The peanuts used in this are "first slow roasted then pressed to remove 85% of the fat and oil." So that way you supposedly take in 85% less fat calories than traditional peanut butter. 

The outcome is surprisingly good!! Actually, way better than i expected - and even better than the organic, salt-free and oil-free peanut butter (the only ingredient is roasted peanuts!) that i usually buy. The reason why PB2 is tastier, at least to me, is that is tastes more salty and intense than the organic store-bought peanut butter. Health-wise and quality-wise, both are definitely head and shoulders better than the conventional peanut butter (usually containing sugar, salt and palm butter) from your common supermarket. However, i think i overall prefer PB2 now that i've tried it because it is lower in fat and tastes saltier - even though the only ingredient is roasted peanuts as well!
You might be able to get PB2 in stores too, but i bought it here on amazon.


Sunnies



Hey there. I found some sunglasses, that aren't mine but look pretty good on me, don't ya think? ;) Also, wearing sunglasses makes you feel like summer, doesn't it?



Writing Contest

http://www.amazon.de/Schnee-August-besten-Geschichten-MDR-Literatur%C2%ADwettbewerb/dp/3940691704/ref

Last but not least... one of my short stories got published! 
If you've read my September Essentials /14 or my post on How to be a Better Writer, you know that i have studied Creative Writing & Cultural Journalism and am a "practising" writer of fiction, both short stories and novels (preferably novels).

So anyway - in January i sent a short story titled "Father" to the largest and most prestigious German-language literature competition (because i do mainly write in German since it is my mother language). Out of a total of 1,777 submissions, 25 texts were chosen to be published in this year's anthology of the "best stories from the MDR literature contest" - and my story was one of them!! So exciting!

Even though i didn't win one of the 3 literary prizes, i feel very honoured to be chosen for the publication! The cover looks a bit odd (and ugly), but the previous covers weren't any better really, and i got published in Germany's most prestigious literature competition anthology, so who cares?! 

*throws glitter in the air*

For my German readers: Auf Amazon gibt's die MDR Anthologie mit meiner Kurzgeschichte ("Vater") zu kaufen, und zwar hier


Thanks a bunch to Sarah and Stella over on Purfylle for featuring me on their blog yet again! :)

http://www.purfylle.com/2015/05/two-uses-tuesday-29.html



Maisy



(\(\
( - -)
((') (')
Merken

Popular