1. Ships in harbour are safe, but that's not what ships are built for. ~ John Shedd
2. Better to do something imperfectly than to do nothing flawlessly. ~ Robert Schull
3. A bird sitting on a tree is not afraid of the branch breaking because its trust is not on the brunch, but on its wings. ~ anonymous
4. Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. ~ Albert Einstein
5. Forget all the reasons it won’t work and believe the one reason that it will. ~ Unknown
6. It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live. ~ JK Rowling, Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone
7. Keep calm and carry a watermelon.
8. And a butterfly can flutter its wings over a flower in China and cause a hurricane in the Caribbean.
9. I sit before flowers hoping they will train me in the art of opening up. ~ Shane Koyczan
10. Let go or be dragged. ~ Zen Proverb
11. Fashion is not something that exists in dresses only. Fashion is in the sky, in the street, fashion hast to do with ideas, the way we live, what is happening. ~ Coco Chanel
12. Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~ Bernard M. Baruch
13. Your present circumstances don’t determine where you can go. They merely determine where you start. ~ Nido Qubein
14. Don't dream your life. Live your dreams.
15. We can smile, breathe, walk, and eat our meals in a way that allows us to be in touch with the abundance of happiness that is available. We are very good at preparing to live, but not very good at living. We know how to sacrifice ten years for a diploma, and we are willing to work very hard to get a job, a car, a house, and so on. But we have difficulty remembering that we are alive in the present moment, the only moment there is for us to be alive. ~ Thich Nhat Hanh
16. Realize you are responsible for your life. The decisions, the choices you make are yours. Don’t blame others for things not working out, take responsibility, change the things that need changing. ~ anonymous
17. The path of a relationship with true love is like a trip down an old dirt path in the woods. Sometimes it'll be beautiful and easy, other times it'll be a rough away with its ups and downs, turns and twists. But when you think you're out of the woods and you look back, you're glad the journey took place. And in all, you're glad you and your special someone took it together. But the journey is not over, you have only just begun. So don't lose faith, keep on walking. If your love is true, the path you two take will never end. ~ unknown
18. Fashion fades. Only style remains the same. ~ Coco Chanel
19. Those who make their dress a principal part of themselves, will, in general, become of no more value than their dress. ~ William Hazlitt
20. Wherever you go, go with all your heart. ~ Confucius
21. Your naked body should only belong to those who fall in love with your naked soul. ~ Charlie Chaplin
22. Life is like a camera, just focus on what's important and capture the good times, develop from the negatives and if things don't work out, just take another shot. ~ unknown
23. One must maintain a little bittle of summer, even in the middle of winter. ~ Henry David Thoreau
24. Fear less, hope more; Eat less, chew more; Whine less, breathe more; Talk less, say more; Love more, and all good things will be yours. ~ Swedish proverb
25. Life is like photography. You need the negatives to develop. ~ Unknown
26. Being happy doesn’t mean that everything is perfect. it means that you’ve decided to look beyond the imperfections. ~ Unknown
27. Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending. ~ Carl Bard
28. Entire water of the sea can't sink a ship unless it gets inside the ship. Similarly, negativity of the world can't put you down unless you allow it to get inside you. ~ Unknown
29. That's the thing about pain, It demands to be felt. ~ John Green, The Fault in Our Stars
30. I no longer drink enough to think you are witty. ~ The Magnetic Fields
31. Books have to be heavy because the whole world’s inside them. ~ Cornelia Funke, Inkheart
32. His hands were weak and shaking from carrying far too many books from the bookshop. It was the best feeling. ~ Joseph Gordon Levitt, The Tiny Book of Tiny Stories Vol. 1
33. Life is like a box of chocolates: sometimes sweet, sometimes bitter and sometimes bitter-sweet.
34. The happiest people don’t have the best of everything, they just make the best of everything.
35. Be the change you want to see in the world ~ Mahatma Gandhi
36. Your mind is your garden, your thoughts are the seeds. You can grow flowers or you can grow weeds.
37. The only person you should try to be better than, is the person you were yesterday.
38. I am who I am. I’m weird, I’m lame, I run into things, I spill food, I trip, I scream about random & stupid stuff. But I like it that way.
39. Every day may not be good, but there’s something good in every day.
40. If today was perfect there would be no need for tomorrow.
41. Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together. ~ Marilyn Monroe
42. Life is like a roller coaster. It has its ups and downs. But it’s your choice to scream or enjoy the ride.
43. Life isn’t about waiting for the storm to pass. It’s about learning to dance in the rain.
44. You wouldn’t worry so much about what others think of you if you realized how seldom they do. ~ Eleanor Roosevelt
45. This is my simple religion: There is no need for temples; no need for complicated philosophy. Our own brain, our own heart is our temple; the philosophy is kindness. ~ Dalai Lama
46. One day at a time – this is enough. Do not look back and grieve over the past for it is gone; and do not be troubled about the future, for it has not yet come. Live in the present, and make it so beautiful it will be worth remembering.
47. Practice isn’t the thing you do once you’re good. It’s the thing you do that makes you good. ~ Malcolm Gladwell, Outliers
48. Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.
49. There is nothing outside of yourself that can ever enable you to get better, stronger, richer, quicker, or smarter. Everything is within. Everything exists. Seek nothing outside of yourself. ~ Miyamoto Musashi
50. Life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it. ~ Charles R. Swindoll
51. I am always doing that which I cannot do, in order that I may learn how to do it. ~ Pablo Picasso
52. If you want to test your memory, try to recall what you were worrying about one year ago today. ~ E. Joseph Cossman (meaning: Don’t give too much credence to your worries; your present worries will soon be forgotten)
53. Don’t go through life, grow through life. ~ Eric Butterworth
54. A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. ~ Frank Zappa
55. I don’t know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody. ~ anonymous
56. Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned. ~ anonymous
57. Nothing is impossible, the word itself says “I’m possible”. ~ Audrey Hepburn
58. Leaves become most beautiful when they’re about to die. ~ Regina Spektor.
59. You can never get enough of what you don’t really need. ~ Eric Hoffer
60. Shadow and light are creating the diversity, attraction and beauty of life. ~ Leo Tolstoi.
61. Your closest friends are the ones you can not only talk with, but also sit silently with. ~ me :)
62. If you see a friend without a smile, give them one of yours.
63. There’s a reason God gave us two ears and only one mouth: listening is twice as important as talking. (But he gave us ten fingers, he must really want us to poke things!) ~ Thirty Rock
64. Kindness is a language which the deaf can hear, and the blind can read. ~ Mark Twain
65. You don't have to be great to start, but you have to start to be great. ~ Ziglar
66. Maybe some women aren't meant to be tamed. Maybe they just need to run free til they find someone just as wild to run with them. ~ Carrie Bradshaw
67. We shouldn't teach great books; we should teach a love of reading. ~ B.F. Skinner
68. Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited. ~ Albert Einstein
69. It is not how much we have, but how much we enjoy, that makes happiness. ~ Charles Haddon Spurgeon
70. Anyone who says only sunshine brings happiness has never danced in the rain.
71. There is no way to happiness. Happiness is the way. (meaning: it’s about your attitude, not your accomplishments.)
72. You are not less of a person because of what bad people did to you, and trying to be perfect will not change the past. Also, there are people in the world who love you and it’s okay to be one of those people.
73. Don’t be afraid to be yourself. // Be brave enough to be yourself. (me: Don't let others define you. Don't let them live your life. You be you - because you are fricken awesome!)
74. Live your life for yourself, not for anyone else.
75. Without ME, it's just AWESO.
76. Be a first rate version of yourself, not a second rate version of someone else. ~ Judy Garland
77. If you think you're too small to have an impact, try going to bed with a mosquito in the room.
78. The "earth" without "art" is just "eh".
79. The best things in life are unseen. That's why we close our eyes when we kiss, laugh and dream.
80. The most exquisite accessory a woman can wear is a gorgeous smile on her face.
81. I love pandas, they’re so chill. They're like "Dude, racism is stupid. I'm black, white, and Asian."
82. You are what you love, not who loves you.
83. Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid. ~ Albert Einstein
84. Worrying won’t stop the bad stuff from happening, it just stops you from enjoying the good.
85. Love of beauty is taste. The creation of beauty is art. ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson
86. Art doesn't need to be pretty. It needs to be passionate. ~ Me : )
87. A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only once. ~ George R.R. Martin
88. I like books that aren't just lovely but that have memories in themselves. Just like playing a song, picking up a book again that has memories can take you back to another place or another time. ~ Emma Watson
89. Don’t feel stupid if you don’t like what everyone else pretends to love. ~ Emma Watson
90. And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music. ~ Friedrich Nietzsche
91. Darling, the world’s not really against you, the only thing that’s against you is yourself.
92. Stupidity is repetition, repeating others. It is cheap, cheap because you need not learn. Learning is arduous. It needs guts to learn. Learning means one has to be humble. Learning means one has to be ready to drop the old, one has to be constantly ready to accept the new. ~ Osho
93. Picture yourself when you were five. In fact, dig out a photo of little you at that time and tape it to your mirror. How would you treat her, love her, feed her? How would you nurture her if you were the mother of little you? I bet you would protect her fiercely while giving her space to spread her itty-bitty wings. She’d get naps, healthy food, imagination time, and adventures into the wild. If playground bullies hurt her feelings, you’d hug her tears away and give her perspective. When tantrums or meltdowns turned her into a poltergeist, you’d demand a loving time-out in the naughty chair. From this day forward I want you to extend that same compassion to your adult self. ~ Kris Carr
94. When I started loving myself I understood that I’m always and at any given opportunity in the right place at the right time. And I understood that all that happens is right – from then on I could be calm. ~ Charlie Chaplin (excerpt)
95. Life is like riding a bicycle. In order to keep your balance, you must keep moving.
96. So plant your own gardens and decorate your soul instead of waiting for someone to bring you flowers. ~ Jorge Luis Borges
97. We actively nurture our love by working wholeheartedly on ourselves. This is the way our own spiritual practice can become a condition that helps love to last. Spiritual practice means transforming ourselves. It means changing. We cannot hope to just find love and keep it on a shelf – as if I have given you my love, you have given me your love, and now we just have to brush the dust off it from time to time, and we are basically done. Contrary to this, love is a living thing. Like a tree, it needs to grow continually, yielding fresh cycles of leaves and flowers and fruit. If this stops, the tree stagnates and eventually dies. Once we embrace love as a fully active practice, only then can we begin to speak of undying love. ~ His Holiness the 17th Gyalwang Karmapa, Ogyen Trinley Dorje
98. Courage, the original definition of courage, when it first came into the English language – it’s from the Latin word cor, meaning heart – and the original definition was to tell the story of who you are with your whole heart. ~ Brene Brown
99. Life is like a book. Some chapters are sad, some are happy and some are exciting, but if you never turn the page, you will near know what the next chapter has in store for you. ~ anonymous
100. Worrying is like sitting on a rocking chair: it takes up a lot of energy but takes you nowhere.
101. Nobody really owns anything. We give back our bodies at the end of our lives. We own our thoughts, but everything else is just borrowed. We use it for a while, then pass it on. Everything. We borrow the sun that shines on us today from the people on the other side of the world while they borrow the moon from us. Then we give it back. We can't keep the sun, no matter how afraid we are of the dark. We borrow our food. What we eat becomes fertilizer that goes back into the earth and gets turned back into food. Everything is borrowed. Once I realized that, I stopped worrying about how I would survive. I didn't need to have anything, I just needed to borrow. ~ Deborah Ellis
( - -)